Aims and vision of the TIG:
The main purpose of the Mathematics Education TIG is to share experiences and ideas among mathematics teachers and mathematics teacher educators from different countries to contribute to a better understanding of the problems that mathematics education is facing. It is expected that presentations, discussions and workshops can contribute to the development of a better mathematics teacher education for students and also for teachers (pre-service and in-service), whether they are in schools, colleges or universities. Teachers and researchers are welcome!
The goals of the Mathematics Education Thematic Interest Group are:
- to present and discuss particular realities of mathematics education in schools;
- to share and promote mathematics teaching in teacher training;
- to share and discuss curriculum designs: how do we design lessons for the future;
- to share and discuss practices in the teaching of mathematics;
- to share examples of best practices in the teaching of mathematics;
- to discuss research or intervention projects on mathematics education;
- to promote joint research and collaborative projects between its members.
Theme: Interprofessional Cooperation
- Teaching and learning of mathematics;
- Mathematics in teacher training;
- Problem solving as a way of teaching;
- Assessment in mathematics education;
- In-service teacher training programs;
- Mathematics in the early years;
- Mathematics and multicultural classrooms;
- Technology and big data in mathematics education.
Format of the sessions:
- Oral communications, posters presentation & workshops;
- Visit to math classes in school contexts.
Oral communication 30 min. (including discussion); Poster presentation 20 min (including discussion); Workshop 45 minutes.
ETEN conference, Nürnberg, Germany
April 13-15, 2023 Deadline 1st of February 2023
Please send a 300 words abstract, plus bibliographic references, to TIG leaders (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org). Besides the abstract, also include Title, Author(s), Affiliation and email address.
Name of TIG leaders and contact details:
Institute of Education –
University of Minho, Portugal
Jacqueline Sijbrandij – Blok
Call for PresentationsETEN conference, Nürnberg,
Germany April 13-15, 2023
Deadline 1st of February 2023
The European Teacher Education Network (ETEN) invites colleagues to present at our annual ETEN Conference, which in 2023 will take place in Nürnberg, Germany.
ETEN has 11 Thematic Interest Groups (TIGs):
- Arts Education
- Creative Story Telling
- Identity and Diversity
- Language Education
- Mathematics Education
- Movement, Play, Health, and Outdoor Learning
- Reflective Practice, and Teaching for Thinking
- Science and Technology in the Digital Era
- Special Education Needs
- Urban Education.
You can submit a proposal/ abstract for an (interactive) presentation or workshop for the Math TIG. We encourage you to make time for a discussion about your topic.
The 2023 Conference Theme is “Teacher Education – Connecting Glocal”.
Proposals of max. 300 words can be send to TIG leaders (see TIGs – ETEN Journal) of the TIG you want to present in, no later than February 1, 2023. All proposals will be reviewed by the TIG leaders. You will receive a notification of acceptance by February 21. The format for proposals can be found at TIGs – ETEN Journal as well.
The Math TIG leaders look forward to receiving your proposals!Please join the “Mathematics Education” TIG!
Warm regards,Ema and Jacqueline